Old December 13th 04, 10:19 AM
WeatherCam

The question isn't so much about fit, but about the pros and cons of
touring boots or similar - I know many guides, including some of the
ones that can ski, use touring/mountaneering boots all the time, but
I'm not sure if it'll ruin my skiing.

Ok, I asked this same question yesterday, when I was with mates yesterday
seeing off one of our crew who is emigrating to Pemberton, 20 mins from
Whistler, in Jan next year - but that's another story....the skiing part of
the group, all experienced "tourers" use AT kit almost exclusivly, unless
they are going on a half term piste holiday with the kids - they would not
use touring kit on the pistes as being good skiers they tend to apply far
more pressure / torque on the bindings - although, and I can't remember the
brand, there is now a new touring binding on the market that is meant to be
bomb proof on the piste - again another good forum to ask these questions is
http://www.telemarkskier.com/cgi-bin...?ubb=forum;f=1 which if
you're going to Banf is very much N American centric - and the only reason
why I'm a liitle bit up to speed on this, is that I'm considering going back
onto skis again, well every now and again, but using AT touring kit - as
hopefully I'll be able to use much of the same kit for touring both on board
and skis - well as we all know that's because I'm not to good on drag
lifts!!!!

Regards
WC