Old August 29th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Default Surgery Time

Bob Lee wrote:

vincent walker wrote:

Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced about 1cm.
Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it back into alignment
and fix it in place with a couple of screws to the S1. He tells me he does a
100 of them a year and my prognosis is 95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that
my back should feel better than in years and I will be able to do everything
I want to (I hope, I hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

Well, the doctor said it'll feel a lot better when it quits hurting so
much, so you've got that going for you.

Good luck and get well soon. You shouls be back in shape by spring
skiing season.

Ditto. Nice thing about your new profession is that it gives you a better
idea of when they're treating you like a mushroom!

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo