Old July 31st 03, 12:14 AM
Clyde

bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Jul.30.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

_ Interesting, but I don't understand the advantage of it other
than perhaps a better toe release. One other thing I've heard
of that I would definitely consider after using the 500 is a
using the 500 rails and rail lock as a combination
riser/climbing lift for a telemark binding. There was a review
of this setup on www.telemarktips.com. The easy of AT climbing
with the fun of a telemark turn.

None of that silly stepping on/off ski to change modes like on the
Dynafit bindings and not much heavier. True step-in with Dynafit
compatible boots. But it won't be sold in the US this season and
supplies will be limited.

The tele set-up isn't sold by Silvretta, some small Euro company, but
makes sense for touring with heavy gear, especially in the Alps. Tua
makes something similar but didn't import it.