Old November 29th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
Alex Heney

Default Road conditions Lake Louise-Jasper in January?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:07:01 -0000, "WILLIAM MORGAN"
wrote:

I've got a dual centre Lake Louise/Jasper ski trip booked for January 2007,
using a hired 4x4 picked up from Calgary airport.
Its a bit difficult working out what the road conditions could be like,
bearing in mind that there are 2 passes at 2035m and 2069m along the route.
I have skied before at Lake Louise and have experienced some extreme
conditions there. I have also driven over Rabbit Ear Pass in Colorado
during a blizzard and that was a bit hairy!
Has anyone any advice on the Louise - Jasper section? How bad it might get
etc?

When I did a dual centre Jasper-Lake Louise trip in March a few years
ago, there was a huge snowstorm on the day we were traveling between
the two. We really couldn't see any of the supposedly spectacular
views.

But the road never even looked like becoming unpassable, and we were
in an MPV (driven by somebody else).

I had talked to the driver on the way up from Calgary, and he said he
had never known that road closed for more than a couple of hours. They
are a bit better at clearing road in Canada than in Wales :-)
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If money could talk, it would say goodbye.