Old February 27th 06, 09:50 PM
skidj70 skidj70 is offline
Junior Member

Default Overcoming Pigeon Toe

I'm new to shaped skis ( Ive returned to skiing after 17 year layoff due to acl blowout ) ... I previously skied from 1977 to 1989 on old fashioned straight skis and I don't remember having the problem Im having now. My dilema is - my left foot turns in and my left ski winds up getting yanked around when I hit denser snow( usually my heel kicks out and the "pigeon toe" is exaggerated). I also have trouble initiating left turns ( no problem with right turns) . I purchased new boots with custom footbeds which seemed to help somewhat. Should I further pursue the orthotic boot fitting route?... or are there any suggestions anyone might have as far as a technique to overcome this. I think it would be better if both my feet were pigeon toed:-)
Anyway, any advice from skiers who also have this anatomical problem would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!