Old February 21st 05, 11:03 AM
Peter Clinch

Booker C. Bense wrote:

_ If they recommend using roller skis for classic technique then
they don't know what they're talking about.

And following up again, note I'm not trying to suggest classic rollering
will make you a benchmark classic skier, but it /should/ do better for
your technique and specific muscle tuning than a pair of blades or a
Nordic Track machine will for covering ground in straight lines without
gravity backup on skis. Getting onto what top professional track racers
do and don't use is rather going beyond this point, I think it's fair to
say.

The pal I've previously alluded to will be leading a tour out in Norway
next week, carrying a heavy pack as tour leader with all sorts of
emergency spares in. The sort of pack that means he won't be getting
the sort of glides and weight transfer he'd expect on his track gear,
but he's rollering for fitness buildup because it works the right
muscles in the right ways, according to his direct and considerable
experience. That is what I meant with "more ski specific workout".

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK