Old February 17th 05, 09:24 PM
Tommy T.

"H.W. Stockman" wrote
My right foot still doesn't always move as predicted, so I've
learned to use my left foot to lead in many tight situations. Now I have

do the same thing with skiing motions, particularly the fast motions in
turns. I'll find a way.

Be aware that you can turn either direction from a telemark position. We
think of the turn as being away from the lead ski, but if you've got the
edges working right you can turn toward the lead ski as well. I had one
clinic instructor who telemarked trees, linking tight turns, without
changing leads. He said it was quicker to turn against the lead than to
change leads. [For him maybe -- I only do that out on wide open slopes as a
way of practicing edge control.]

Tommy T.