Old December 10th 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:06:09 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Ace wrote:

Lots of Swiss resorts in particular are very popular with sledgers and
have special runs reserved for them. These are often open to
'snow-bikers' as well, whereas many ski runs are not. Signposts and
piste maps attempt to make this clear, but don't always succeed.

Ah. Ta for that. It's been many years since I skied in Switzerland.

You should try it some time - I think you'd be surprised at how
inexpensive it can be - at most resorts it's quite possible to find a
decent half-board hotel for well under a hundred francs a night ( i.e.
less than 40 quid pppn). I know it may not be as cheap as your beloved
Bareges, but it can compare very favourably with the French Alps, IME.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Ski Club of Great Britain -