Old October 17th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default Is everyone asleep?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:23:32 +0100, "Mike"
wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message
Ace wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:59:01 +0100, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

my concern is will there be space for it on the train! (I don't want to
waste my first ski day with getting luggage from the station etc as a
result of the luggage transfer schemes). Any ideas?

There should be plenty of space on the train, from my limited
experience. But remember that you're going to have to change trains,
probably at least twice.

When I did it a few years ago it was only 1 change and it was just a short
walk to change platforms and almost no waiting.

That's my recollection. Note that it helps if you get on the train
going towards Zermatt, not away from it...

Getting on the train in Geneva was very easy too as the station's right in
the airport as you probably know.

The luggage transfer schemes seem to work well

However, I recall that it is not guaranteed to arrive same day, so
non-starter really for skiers.

We did this, thoug it was many years ago. We only found out that
same-day arrival wasn't guaranteed after we'd arrived in Zermatt. The
skis did turn up before the start of the first day's skiing, but it
caused an anxious moment.

--
-Pip