Old November 20th 05, 07:29 AM

Mike wrote:
I second LeeD's comment: that's some very insightful recommendations!
Thanks a LOT Lonerider.

Bit dissapointed about the Radon... here is a question: for a given
shoe size of a boot, are all boots made approximately equal size, or
would some boots be shorter or have a different tip that would somehow
offset the fact the Radon is relatively narrow?

Thanks Again All,
Mike

There are a few brands that make boots with smaller profile boots. The
first one that comes to mind is the Salomon F22 (I picked it over the
similar F24 because it is more for an intermediate rider and cheaper)
check it out here
(http://www.backcountry.com/store/SAL...oard-Boot.html).

So getting a shorter boot is one thing, another is getting riser pads
like the the Palmer Link system
http://www.backcountry.com/store/PAL...ml?id=Ez9WboPj).
That will stiffen up the board flex, which many heavier riders like
anyways. You can also get bindings that have built in risers like the
Catek Freeride (www.catek.com) or Nideckers
(http://www.sfosnow.com/cgi-local/sfo...talogno=nid301)
I thin the the Flows will actually do this a little as well. Finally,
you can also start increasing your binding angles up to like 36/33.

With the riser plate and smaller profile boots you probably could get
away with it if the snow isn't super soft where you ride, but I won't
guarantee it will work.

Good luck