Old January 17th 10, 09:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Tignes accommodation location

"Matt T" wrote in message

Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but yes - going by the picture on
the website Brian and Ace are correct, it's pretty much next to the
Paquis and Chaudanne base stations on the 'return-leg' of the free bus
between Lavachet and Lac. The free 'Lavachet' lift is a button that is
pretty much next to the Chaudanne and Paquis - just separated by a
tunnel under the road. There's a bus stop at that point as well which
will get you up the hill to Lac in about 1 minute where there is a
magic carpet lift on a very shallow slope that the children usually
use, and the Rosset free beginners slope.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk

Thanks for the reply, Matt. Will you get to ski much this season or are you
stuck in snowy England for the whole winter?

Anyway I'd like to pick your brains again if I may - we're off to Tignes
next week and, as there are 10 of us in the group, I thought I'd ask for
some advice about the restaurants in Lavachet - recommendations for good
places for lunch (we have a couple of learners that won't be straying too
far in the first couple of days) and for our evening meal out would be
gratefully received

TIA

--
Paul S