Old January 13th 04, 12:19 AM
Vern93

Default Car hire in Utah

In article ,
Walt wrote:

As for rental car vendors, avoid Dollar at all costs. They'll take your
reservation and not have any cars when you get there. Any of the other
major companies are pretty acceptable and more or less interchangeable.
Avis is the best IMHO, but I'm not willing to pay more than a 10%
premium rent from them.

I usually rent with the major brands, but last week when we were in SLC,
we rented from a compnay called "Rugged" rental. (http://www.ruggedrental.com/)
They have a shuttle that will meet you at the airport and their office
is close by. Their prices are low and the owner is there most time and
very nice. We got a nice 4WD Jeep SUV for less than we ever paid
before.

As for the value of a 4wd, I think it's worth it. YMMV. And just
because you can drive up a mountain in the morning doesn't mean
conditions won't suck on the way back down, ALTHOUGH they do an
excellent job of keeping those Cottonwood Canyon roads clear.

Dave