Old March 21st 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default All-mountain free skiing

On Mar 20, 2:39 pm, Armin wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:13 pm, Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEpPBnud7jc

Ah, I see you've given up on flatboarding and reverted to plain old
skiing ...

Yes, I do detect some edging there. I don't know that I'd call this
"plain old skiing", but it's well within the norms of what I see on a
regular basis.

Everytime Itchy posts a video I have to remind myself of this:http://www.breakthroughonskis.com/Pa...n/instruction1...

//Walt

I don't know if I'd call it "All-mountain free skiing "... sure looks
like an intermidiate on-piste run to me. I always thought that "All-
mountain free skiing " involves off-piste skiing, but hey, that's just
me. YMMV.

Your observation is so predictable; now we learn that the skier is ex
level 3 coach, does that make the hill bigger? My "all-mountain" is
defined as from top to bottom and all the sides of a mountain, off-
piste is only a part of it.

I like the flapping arms thing though. Reminds of of how my daughter
skied when ske was about 6 years old. ;-)

Yeah, the 6 year-old has a smart idea. If you ever watch John
Clendenin's clips (1 or 2 minutes clips featured in one of RSN morning
shows), you'll find all experts showed in his clips ski with open
arms, even though they still holding poles.

YMMV, indeed,
IS

Armin