Old March 21st 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default All-mountain free skiing

On Mar 20, 12:35 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEpPBnud7jc

Ah, I see you've given up on flatboarding and reverted to plain old
skiing ...

Fool you, eh? No, the skier is not me, I'm the chaser. He was a
psia level 3 coach. As I said, all styles merge at the end in "line-
skiing" in the high level skiing.

Did you catch my replay re Alpine Meadows? I'll look it up and repeat
the pertinent portion below:

Thanks, just got it now. Well, if you want to meet up, I go make a run
with you, maybe after next week's forecasted storm? I heard a lot of
good things at Homewood and Alpine Meadows.

'later,
IS

lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:

I heard that Alpine Meadows offers $10 lift ticket for local
pass holders on Thursdays, is that true? If it is, maybe I go Alpine
Meadows to check it out one of these days.

Not Alpine Meadows - Homewood is doing that offer. Homewood is closing
middle of next month on a fixed date, and is trying to jack up midweek
skier numbers until then.

Alpine is selling a full remainder-of-the-season pass March 30 for $139.
They plan to close with the snow, probably late May. $139 is usable
toward full pass next year.

Anyway, if you're coming let me know...