Old January 6th 06, 09:39 AM

Default Sled Appropriate for Benedict Huts Trail?

Hi,

I've been pulling a sled into many 10th Mtn. huts for a number of years
now, since I find it much easier than slogging a pack in.

Of course there are some trails that sleds are inappropriate for.
Innapropriate trails for sleds are those that are really steep , have
long off-camber sections or tight, windy treed sections. If you've
pulled a sled before, you know what I'm talking about. Forrest Service
roads, however, are great for sleds.

Can anyone tell me if they believe a sled would be appropriate for the
Benedict Huts trail?

Is it all Forrest Service road?

BTW, I'm talking about the "standard" route into the Benedict Huts.

Thanks,
Eric