Old January 26th 05, 12:39 PM
Switters

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:20:28 GMT, "Mike M. Miskulin"
allegedly wrote:

But assuming I can hook up with somebody else, or at
least get a day when there's some traffic, whats the
technique? I've heard 'dont look at the trees' but
beyond that I'm clueless.

I just started by taking it easy, looking for the gaps where I knew I
could put the brakes on if necessary.

Ultimately, the trick is to look ahead such that as you're entering one
gap, you're looking for the next gap or two. The nature of trees means
that you may not always be doing opposite turns each time, sometimes you
end up going in the same direction for a while.

However, it will take a while before you can link it all into a flowing
run, and you'll spend time riding into a gap, braking, going for the
next one, braking, next, brake, etc. After a while, you'll start doing
2, 3, then more in a row. As I'm sure you know, it's all down to
practice.

Mind the tree wells, the branches and the hidden cliffs.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/