Old November 12th 03, 11:01 PM
andrew bolger

Default Best advice for a first time xc'er

I look at _ Rec.skiing.backcountry from time to time and checked it out the
other day. To me it seems devoted to the steep and the deep. Don't get me
wrong, I'm devoted to the steep and the deep, or I would be if a) I coud
find it and b) I was a good enough skier to handle it. In the real world I
mostly ski the shallow ( 3 or 4 inches if I'm lucky) and the steep enough (
to require some sort of turning ability. I'm reminded of the boy in the
brothel who when asked "Who do you think you are going to satisfy with that
little thing? It can't be more than 3 inches," replied with a big grin on
his face, "me".
Sorry but what we lack in snow round here we make up for in pubs.
andy b

From: . stanford.edu
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:47:14 -0600 (CST)
To: Multiple recipients of list NORDIC-SKI