Old December 5th 05, 07:54 PM

bk wrote:
Skiing in Vt this winter. Have only been to Co a few times and always in
spring.
The local shops here tell me that We'll be fine with our shell type jackets
/ pants with lt wt chilis and fleece. Is this correct?

Typical clothing for VT skiing from VtSkier
In addition to proper equipment for EasternFirm(tm) conditions:
Base: Lightweight long johns & tee in polyester or polypro
Shell ski pants, usually multi-layer but not insulated
mid-layer of lightweight fleece pull-over and vest
(the vest is one of many, usually NF Denali).
Shell parka, good gloves, neck gaiter (usually, but
always in my pocket) and hat/helmet and goggles.

If it's cold (below 10 deg F) add fleece pants over
long johns and under shell pants (duh!).
I also have a packable thinsulate jacket which goes
under my shell parka. Sometimes this goes over vest
if it's RealyCold(tm). At that point mittens replace
gloves and I add a face mask. I will also add a
helmet liner below 10 deg.

The second paragraph list has protected me well to
25 degrees below zero. Anything colder I sit out
by the fire.