Old October 15th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Hugh P

Default Concept2 ski machine

I have used a Concept rower propped upright as a double-pole machine.
It is far from ideal (you get chain-grease on your nose if you don't
remember to keep your head to the side), but you can do it, and you
also have a rowing machine if you do it that way. If you get the
SkiErg, then you only have a poling machine - though a much superior
poling machine.
I would guess that Concept's ergometry is much superior to that of
cheaper brands.
The Thorax looks like it would be much more specific than the SkiErg,
but I'm not paying $8k.
Hugh

On Oct 8, 6:20*pm, Jan Gerrit Klok Jan.Gerrit.Klok.
wrote:
Ro;151759 Wrote:

The machine looks awesome. However, I would have a second check at the
following machine before buying one:
http://www.thoraxtrainer.com/

Rock

Wow, Thorax looks AWESOME. Already though, I fear it may be undersized.
I am 6'4" and use 175 poles when on regular shoes I suppose. I might run
out of "track", judging from the video?
No prices?
EDIT - found it, 40,000 Kroner, being €5000, being $8000.

I have been planning to buy the SkiErg earlier this year. Just couldn't
get over the cost. Have been thinking of buying a cheaper rower and
bolting it to the wall. Anyone ever tried that? I suppose it will depend
greatly on the model to which extent that might work, but it might be a
long shot for a poor man's double poling machine?

--
Jan Gerrit Klok