Old October 15th 10, 01:21 PM
Jan Gerrit Klok Jan Gerrit Klok is offline
Member

Location: Netherlands
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok

Like 2 of those magic wheels!
I think I had an idea like that when I was first exposed to footage of those.

That weight can surely be improved upon with some good engineering. I'm already involved in some ground breaking weight loss designs for cyling.
That doesn't make these very likely to "do it" for me, in my quest for actually off-roadable skates to simulate XC skiing in teh summer, over typical fire roads with some sand.
Weight of 11lb per pair would not scare me out at all, if I get the performance I am looking for.

Should these sell in any quantities at such a price, I am going to take steps towards gettting my design to the market. A tubular off-road tire railing around a flat bottom flexible "ski" to obtain a drastically lower pressure on the soil, especially at the front of the contact patch. If the interface between tubular and frame can somehow be engineered to last outside of a lab, it WILL be all that, to every XC skier.