Old October 14th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Default still another type of skates

On 10/14/2010 9:37 AM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
On 10/12/2010 3:42 PM, wrote:
Have these been discussed here yet? they may have a better rolling
capacity on trails than the V2150s.
5 lbs each though.

http://www.thedesignblog.org/entry/c...g-and-cycling/

An interesting idea. Yes, at 11 lbs/set that seems like a lot
for carbon. A few lbs more and you could have a full bike.

I also have to wonder about slalom braking. I suspect that
won't fly with very many people. I also suspect the final
pricing won't be very attractive.

Bob Schwartz

Well, if you follow the link to the designer's site, they claim they
are targeting a price point between $5,000-$10,000. They are also
claiming you can brake using gloves and hand pressure.

I'm not optimistic I'll ever see a pair.

Bob Schwartz