Old April 22nd 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default interval training question

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:52:40 +0100
Ed Miller wrote:

Here is a question I've had for some time, maybe someone can answer:
In doing maximum intensity intervals of say 3 minutes I start with a
heart rate of around 110 or 120 and struggle mightely to bring my
heart rate up to 175 or 180 in just 3 minutes, so that only a
fraction of the 3 minutes is actually spent at goal. (my maximum ht
rate is 186) Naturally after I'm at the third or fourth interval its
a bit easier but still only a part of what I'm counting as the 3
minutes is spent near maximum heart rate. Is this correct or should
one be spending the whole 3 minutes at goal and not even count the
time leading up to it?

I agree with MT Nordic and have some questions, if you don't mind: what
are your goals in doing level 94-96% of max intervals in general and at
this time of the year? How old are you? What is your lactate or
anaerobic threshold?

Gene