Old November 28th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Snow tires?

On Nov 27, 7:05*pm, VtSkier wrote:

Braking.
There isn't a tire in the world that will improve your
braking on ice except a studded tire. This includes
Blizzaks so don't ever expect your vehicle the be able
to stop well on an icy surface. Go slow downhill and
only as fast as you need to to maintain traction going
uphill. If the center of the road is icy, have at least
2 wheels in the softer snow/slush/granular junk on the
right hand side of the road, especially going down.

I prefer aggressive mud and snow as I said before. But I have a GMC
crew cab. Heavy and long wheel base. I don't change tires ever. So I
need to make long highway drives in summer on them. But like I said
there are M+S that won't sing on the highway. I use them for mud in
warm weather too.

A neat trick that some might not know about.

You know how when you try to stop on ice especially when creeping
downhill, the rear of the vehicle slips to the side? Usually not a big
deal but it can be. It you put it in N it will stop straight. Anyone
know why? I don't.