Old July 21st 04, 09:31 PM
Laurent Duparchy

Default heel brakes for 120 mm wheels (was : Heel brakes for 100 mm skate wheels)

Thanks ken for the info on Heel brakes.

I've adapted it on my (homemade) rollerskis and it fits perfectly with
my 120 mm wheels, as you can see at
http://lo.dup.chez.tiscali.fr/index.html

The frame of my rollerskis is 40mm wide, while the heel brake is for
34 mm frames. Nevertheless the brake is quite adaptable as you can see
on the second picture.

To achieve an efficient braking I use the following method : assuming
the brake is on the right foot, prepare braking by slightly pulling
you right arm backward, and pushing your left arm forward, lowering
slightly and a little backward your body. Then you can lift your right
foot and apply desired weight on the brake.