Old January 4th 05, 02:28 AM
ant

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
news
ant wrote:

"Fritz M" wrote in message
oups.com...

lal_truckee wrote:

Seriously, I've skied without a toe nail without problems or pain -
see Ant's advice; it's sound

Thanks for relaying the experience. Non-stick dressing and bandage to
cover the wound was the first thing I did. I also rode my bike 20 miles
this morning (26 F, light snow, heavy fog) -- there was some discomfort
in my cycling shoes at first, but no real pain.

I prefer athletic tape to a bandage. It wraps up the toe and supports it
all. Almost like a pseudo toenail, it keeps everything in place. We use
tape a lot in Oz, to put muscles and joints back in place, support
various bits, move kneecaps.

...but it's got that sticky underside, which might not be the best thing
for a traumatically-removed toenail -- not without an underwrap.

which is why I mentioned using gauze or other non-sticky in my previous
post, which was referred-to. I really didn't think it would be necessary to
repeat it all.

I would probably squirt in some antiseptic powder on teh gauze, before
wrapping it up, if it's still wet.

ant