Old August 15th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
MoonMan

Default Boots

Mike wrote:
I just had 3 days skiing at Mt Hutt, NZ. I wasn't skiing as well as
'05 and am doing a post mortem on that.

Last year I had rental boots and I had 1 shin blister. It didn't even
really affect me. This year I am skiing with my mail order Langes
and they were so bad it really affected my performance. These Lange
comp 120 fr medium fit have some heat fitting process which I never
got around to.

Was I not buckling the boots hard enough and hence slipping around?
I've skied for 35 years and only these last two times have seen this
come up. I've skied in raichlë and dolomites: no prob. I checked
out a medical manual, and it said that people with suntans are more
likely to bruise, which I have been doing pre trip both times.

So what gives? Is it all down hill from age 40 on?

It's very simple I'm afraid, mail order (or for that matter rental) boots!
different boot manufacturers use different shape lasts, the only way to find
the right boot is to try as many different pairs as necesary.
I don't mean just put them on, if they seem alright you need to be wearing
them for some time.
you may never find a boot that is perfect for you, but get the best fit
posible and then have that modified by a boot fitter.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk