Old February 13th 05, 09:56 AM
Simon Brown

Hi Roy,

Stupid question but are you wearing these boots too tight? I have bad feet
and for the first hour have the boots quite lose, then as the day goes on I
tighten them up. If I wear them too tight at the start of the day life is
not pleasant. Also they are always warm when I put them on - I leave
electric heaters in the boots overnight.

If they are too tight the dig into my ankles, if that are set up correctly
they are very pleasant.

Also I find that the outside temperature plays a big role, so making sure
the boots are not too tight and yet not too lose is important.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

"Roy" wrote in message
I have just ditched my 3-year-old boots after they started digging (badly)
into one of my ankles. I bought them from Snow and Rock and although until
now they have been a really comfy fit, they were far too stiff for me -
basically they were a racing boot and a bit OTT for me and my skiing
ability. I can ski most terrain, but I'm certainly no racer.

I've decided I'm going for new boots, with comfort my primary requirement.
Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of getting moulded inners? A
friend suggests that one is better off getting a good-fitting off the

shelf
boot because moulded inners can easily lose their shape if (for instance)
you use a boot drier, or otherwise subject them to direct heating. In

other
words he is saying that non-moulded inners are more rugged and will better
retain their fit-properties over time.

Any other advice on boot selection would be welcome.

Roy