Old October 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default DP on skate rollerskis with classic poles?

We do it regularly on 610s (or others) under the guidance of a national
coach, who does it himself on 610s. It helps develop longer hill
climbing. Consider alternating it with runs of legs only

Good point on double-pole and leg-only workouts. When skiing with my
wife I do those, to match the speed, and for 3 years straight 75% of
skate skiing I was doiing was double-pole and leg-only. Not very
exciting (skiing-wise, not relationship-wise), but my racing times have
improved by ~5-10%.