Old March 25th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default snowboarding in april -- beginners

wrote in news:1174688093.401592.19460
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

I would definitely try to go early April, as the later the

season, the more risk there is that you will find less desirable
conditions. But
it sure as hell beats going to places like Killington, VT.

Every year that place is flooded with folks from England in March.

well.. not that I'm a KMart supporter or anything but...
I've been to Colorado in early April a few times and have
seen from decent cover to yards of dirt over every crest on
runs that are in the sun. I've also ridden at Jay Peak in
early May.

Personally I would always take Tahoe or SLC over CO for late
March/early April. The most important thing for late season
is base depth and ability to keep it. Tahoe and the Cottonwood
canyons almost always win that game. (JetBoo available out of
JFK for both)

And FYI:

Breck: 4" 3/11 3" 3/15 7" total in the past 2 weeks, 212 season
Sugarbush: 2" 3/15 14" 3/17 13" 3/18 11" 3/19, 225 season
Jay Peak: 322 season

and there's more to VT thank KMart thank you.