Old August 29th 04, 03:33 PM
Rob White

I've stayed in a self-catering apartment and seen some others. If you want
to stay in a broom cupboard with a kitchenette and a shower then that's O,
but your on top of each other and theres notihng to do in the evening. At
least with a chalet you have space (OK) company (normally OK), somebody to
cook (normally OK) and clean (very OK). You can sort out all your own
arrangements and go independent, but a) why bother if somebody else will do
it for you and b) why take the risk of cocking up as a 1st time skier not
really knowing where to go or what you need. I'm no great lover of package
deals but if you've not skiied before I'd go on one to a catered chalet, in
a decent but not top-notch resort. If I were you I'd see what else you post
brings out, and see who recommends what resorts and tour operators.

Rob
"Simon Brown" wrote in message
Unless you're the mother who wants a break from the oven :-)

Take a break - find a small local hotel and put your feet up. IMHO the

small
local hotels are what it's all part of. www.seehof-laax.ch -
http://www.poestlilaax.ch/ are two examples from my neck of the mountains.

Simon Brown