Old April 27th 04, 09:37 PM
BigFoot

Default more "universal" powder board

Why do you need such a long board? It's really not necessary and
everyboard is a compromise.

Long? But I don't know how long it should be. I guess if I go
swallowtail, it could
be 167-172 (to be more universal) or longer to be more powder only.
But if I choose Fish like Khumber it can't be longer then 165.
Can you help me?

Guys, after an amazing powder Christmas in Mammoth, I started looking
for a dedicated powder board. I ride Nitro Shogun 166 right now and
it's an amazing board, handles hard pack, holds edge, wonderful.
But I was thinking about something longer or let's say, better for powder.
I'm 6'1 and 195lbs. Fish? Prior Khyber? Pow stick?
Or just simply a longer freeride board, like another Shogun 169 or
something else ~172?
Which board seams more "universal": Prior Pow Stick or Khyber?
Khyber is great for tight turns, swallowtail will handle speed better.
Dean from Prior recommends Pow Stick, but Chris says Khyber is "the most

fun".
I will not go to Alaska often, but I'm planing heliboarding this summer.
Will Khyber handle treeless open bowls and speed? 165 is the longest,
but it's pretty wide.
How about starting up in powder with such a wide board? Same about Fish?
The tail in swallowtails helps a lot to do that, I guess.
Any comments are welcome

Andrew