Old August 13th 03, 12:32 PM
BJohansson

Default Burke Mountain beta?

I think you missed the gist of his request. He has a house near Burke. I
lived in Northern Mass in the late 70's and have skied at all of the areas you
mentioned. Lousy snow, lousy terrain, lousy crowds...need I go on? From the
northern 'burbs of Boston to Concord, VT should only be about 3 hours (straight
up I-93, through Franconia Notch, and on into St. J.)

Also, Concord is not that close to Jay. My mapping program says 1 hour 15
minutes, but that's optimistic in the winter. Of course, it's probably more
like 2+ hours to Stowe (the mapping program says 1+30, but that doesn't account
for the semi trucks on Rte 2 or getting through Barre-Montpelier).