Old December 13th 03, 07:07 AM
Hal Murray

_ I think the incident database at www.csac.org is particularly
useful and sobering. It's a good learning excercise to read
the incident reports along with the associated forecast.

I like it because they usually have info on recent events.

For good (but old) writeups of avalanches, I suggest
Snowy Torrents. It's the avalanche version of ANAM.

Unfortunately it doesn't come out regularly. The latest one is
already quite old. It was published in 1996, but covers
1980-86. It's the first/only one with good data on beepers
and shovels. (There are several older issues.)

Google says it's available many places.
Here is the source:
http://www.dnr.state.co.us/cdnr_news...212155939.html

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited