Old February 19th 06, 09:01 PM

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
wrote:

The terrain I ski in has short steep hills which are 1-3 minutes of
max hr way over anaerobic threshold, with about 2-3 minutes of
recovery before the next hill. In particular when skating I try to
have complete leg extension. The amount of force generated by my legs
is way more per extension than what I do while cycling, so I guess it
makes sense that that type of exercise would encourage bulk I didn't
see from biking.

Joseph, you might consider not going max on the hills so that you can
use the area in between to maintain speed rather than recovery.
There's a lot to be gained overall that way.

Remember Juha Mieto and Vladimir Smirnoff? All muscular persons. And today:
Svartedal, all muscles.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes