Old December 20th 03, 07:47 PM
Iain Miller

Default Lake Tahoe end Mar..beg Apr

"Terry Morse" wrote in message
spike wrote:

How are the ski conditions in Tahoe in late March and early April. We
plan on going up there during spring break time.

Tahoe in March/April: Spring conditons. Firm in the morning, slush
in the afternoon. If you follow the sun across the mountain, you'll
be skiing on ideal snow.

Snow storms are a possibility at that time of year. If you time it
right, you'll be skiing on fresh snow (but it won't last long). Here
are some photos from last April 26th, 2003, one day after a storm:

http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/trip/s...426/index.html

And from March 30th, 2002:

http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/trip/t...0/index_1.html
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/

I wase there right at the end of March/early April 2002 - it was revolting.
The weather broke the week we got there & got very hot & the skiing was no
fun at all - slush, slush & more slush by about 11 am. We were off the
mountain by 1pm every day I think. Temperatures up the mountain were in the
60s.

For the amount of money you have to spend to ski at Tahoe, personally I
wouldn't risk going that late again.

I.