Old April 27th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves

On 27 Apr 2007 00:40:53 -0700, wrote:

I have not had a lot of durability success with the Toko or Swix
rollerski gloves. They just fall apart somewhat quickly (crashes
probably helped too but ...).

I have been using Pearl Izumi GEL-lite gloves (think that is the
model). They have light "gel" padding on the palm, but I really do not
notice at all when poling. Think the Pearl Izumi gloves work great and
have no complaints. They have been more durable so far. I also rarely
get blisters from them vs. blisters being a more frequent occurance
with rollerski specific gloves. I would guess this is the case because
the bike gloves feel better ventilated.

Bike gloves are the way to go IMHO.

It's possible to cut the padding out of cycling gloves too. And there
are a few bike gloves with no padding on the palms -- though hard to
find. I have some old Specialized mountain biking gloves that are just
a single layer of leather on the palm.

--
JT