Old August 11th 03, 07:58 PM
Sam Seiber

Default Best places at Thanksgiving

Walt wrote:

Hugh wrote:

If you're on a budget fly into Salt Lake City, rent a car and drive
the four hours to the ski hill.

Wow. You must drive awfully slow. Unless there's a major dump going on
it takes about an hour to get from the airport to the slopes in SLC.
(give or take a bit depending on the traffic and which of the ten
resorts you go to)

Whether there'll be good skiing conditions there at Thanksgiving is a
question I'll leave for someone else, but I agree that SLC is a good
place to go on a budget. Of course, if he's really on a budget, he
should just drive up to the UP...

I trust you are kidding. Hugh said:
Grand Targhee (http://www.grandtarghee.com/) is often in good shape by
Thanksgiving.
Jackson Hole or Idaho Falls airports are convenient but expensive. If you're
on a budget
fly into Salt Lake City, rent a car and drive the four hours to the ski
hill.

He was talking about flying into SLC, and driving to Grand Targhee from
there. I also recall that it takes about 4 hours to get from SLC
to Idaho Falls. Grand Targhee is 1.5 to 2 more hours from IF.
I would allow 6 hours from SLC to GT.

Sam