Old November 28th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Ugly boots - paint 'em?

The Real Bev wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

jennifer muise wrote:
My 14-year old DS has found a pair of used ski boots that fit him nicely.
But they are purple and green and he is not too keen on buying them. Since
he's likely to need a larger size next year, maybe we could paint them an
more acceptable colour.

Has anyone attempted this? What did you do, and how did it go?

Purple and green? What could be kewler than that?
I mean, have you seen the colors of the new boots
on the market for this year? The Dalbello park
boots are WHITE for cryin' out loud!

Uhm, no I've never tried to paint plastic ski boots,
though I have seen some that looked like they were
painted. Very rough looking.

One word: camo. It will look right no matter how awful it is.

Where do you buy camo paint?