Old February 18th 04, 09:25 AM
Paul Healy

Default Which resort to go to?

Vail or Aspen in Colorado. Mammoth or Heavenly in California. Whistler in
Canada

Paul
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I know this is a bit of a daft question (cos its down to personal taste!)
but, here goes anyway. My girlfriend and I have the chance to go for a
holiday in North America, originally I was looking at Whistler or Banff,

but
since the pound is so strong against the US Dollar it would be silly to

rule
out the US resorts.

My question is which resorts would be suitable for an

beginner/intermediate
skier and an intermediate snowboarder for a 11 day break around mid

march?.

We don't particularly want to hire a car and spend eons driving between
resorts, so somewhere with a fair selection of shops, eateries and a bit

of
nightlife would be a bonus, almost forgot! and good ski / board

instruction
school.

If anyone can give any clues it would much appreciated. (might be quicker

list resorts not to go to)

Thanks

Jeff