Old March 31st 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america,rec.skiing.alpine

Default Accomodation and boot fitter recomendations for south lake tahoe

On Mar 6, 9:10 pm, "mm" wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:32 am, wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple of months off work and a season pass for heavenly. I
was going to spend most of the next couple of months in south lake
tahoe (I am flying from the UK next week). I am planning to stay at
Doug's Mellow Mountain Retreat, probally costing about 20 dollars a
night. I was wondering if anyone could recomend any other options for
this sort of money. I should have a car and am completely flexable.
I will be on my own most of the time

The other question is can anyone recomend a good boot fitter in that
general area. I need a new pair of boots, and have pretty odd shaped
feet. I would rather one south of the lake, but could drive to the
north if they were worth it.

I am not into skiing but S Lake Tahoe is closed to where I live and so
I know that there are REI stores that you might want to locate. Go
online and enter the zip code where you'll be at.

I alos heard about stretching a particular area of the boot by taking
the linign out. One store that does that that i know of is in the city
of Davis: Ken Bikes and Skiis (530) 758-3223. I got this info from an
REI.

Any other comments welcome, esp. if there is someone out there who
fancies a ski buddy anytime over the next couple of months, perhaps to
go off piste with.

Thanks for any help,

BTW, I do not check the reply address. Post here if you want to send
a private message.

I have a suggestion about finding a ski buddy. Find yahoo gorups in
neighboring cities to Heavenly (including San Francisco Bay Area ) and
you mgith find someone.

The best bootfitter in Tahoe is Tim at the Surefoot in Squaw Valley.
You can contact him via his website he http://unofficialsquaw.com/beta/ski/about.html

As for a ski buddy you might want to check out http://hangwithalocal.com

or post to Tim's Squaw Valley forum: http://unofficialsquaw.com/ski/forum/