Old February 11th 05, 08:12 AM
Roger Moss

You could always wear them during the flight... ;-)

RM

"Scott Whitehead" wrote in message
m...
wrote in message
oups.com...
Paul Clifford wrote:
We are for the first time flying on Saturday with our own ski boots.
They are inside ski boot bags and I was wondering if airlines allow
you to take them on as your hand baggage. I never normally carry
anything on other than a book and passport, and have not taken the
slightest bit of notice on previous flights.
For what it is worth we are flying with BMIBaby to Geneva. I have
tried to find out direct from them but they weren't overly helpful.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

My ski boots in their bag are on the edge of the weight limit for hand
luggage. Add on my other bits of hand luggage (eg. my toilet bag, a
book, a newspaper, a bottle of water) and they are too heavy. So they
go in the hold.

I took ski boots on as cabin baggage during a long weekend to Cervinia
a couple of years back. We flew into Turin on Ryanair and the bag was
right on the cabin limit (about 15kg from memory). Had all my skiing
gear, clothes and toiletries (down to the exact amount of toothpaste,
shampoo etc) in so I could skip the carousel and make a run for it to
the car hire desk to make the most of my two days of skiing.
I had no idea the boots would be regarded as a dangerous weapon!!