Old December 3rd 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

Default Package type deals

Outside of school holidays, I would wait for the operators to announce the
last minute deals (often released 6 weeks before departure).

Personally, I have booked flights (£700: LHR to GVA via FRA) and a (small)
apartment (£500) for Zermatt for the February half term. Great deal for a
family of four! Mind you, I booked it last April! I am hoping that Lufthansa
wont impose surcharges! It's worth pointing out that some resorts (Zermatt
included) offer free lift passes for young children. I don't believe French
resorts are so generous?

Paul

"Excess" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 10:00 am, Bill wrote:
Having done self drive and self organised for years I am in the
position of needed to do a package type deal this year. Car to **** to
get to Alps and back. Don't mind organising flights / transfers
myself.

Preferably Tarentaise or maybe Flaine, flight from MAN or EMA or
similar. Appt for 2 adults 2 kids we will self cater. Going last
weekend in March, any ideas where to get best deals?

Have found a 6 person appt in centre of Val D'Isere for about £1300
for the 4 of us, didn't seem too bad?

Bill

There should be good deals around for March although prices have
generally been set quite low in the first place. For accommodation
only you can try http://www.skicollection.co.uk/default.cfm/loaddoc.442
and
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/special-offers amongst others

XS