Old April 23rd 04, 12:21 AM
Jay Tegeder

Default Give $ to US Team?

Don't throw your money away just yet... In the past, any money sent to
the USSA/USST for the Nordic Team was simply put into the General
Fund. That money then went to the Alpine Team. I'd suggest
investigating whether that situation has changed before sending any
money. I'd also suggset avoiding any foundations that donate to cross
country skiing. Some people make their living off those organizations.
The best way would be to set up some sort of Trust Fund administirred
by a board without any monetary compensation. I've thought about this
in the past, especially for our Midwest skiers.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

(Eric Shmo Chandler) wrote in message . com...
I just got done reading an article on Fasterskier.com by Kris Freeman.
Got me thinking. So, my family gives to charity each year. I don't see
why we couldn't carve out a chunk to give to the US Nordic Team. I
notice there's quite a few professionals on this website. I think our
community (of Masters racers especially) could make quite a financial
help to the US Team. And without it being too painful for each of us.
Any thoughts?