Old April 13th 10, 07:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default avalanche ratings

Ace wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:54:19 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace wrote:
Heh. It's often like that at this time of year.

Talking of which, how is Engelburg holding up ?

Good at the moment. I didn't ski last weekend, for the first time
since November, but my wife was teaching all day Saturday and it was
OK. The run home to the village was closed today, I noticed, despite
some new snow. That's probably it for skiing home.

Got a trip planned for
weekend of 24/5, but not sure if it's going to be worth it...

But the snow at upper levels is still great, and comparing with last
year I'd say there's still a good chance of half-decent skiing by
then. We skiied to the third weekend in May last year, but some
neighbours tell us that they were still skiing the second week of
June. Limited, of course, but not just the glacier runs.

Officially, your dates are the last of the 'season', as I'm sure
you're aware, but it does seem that they kept the 4-man chair at
Laubersrgrat open later than that last year, and the Jochpass chair
stays open all summer anyway, so if there's still snow you can ski, at
least part way. If you'er happy to walk the bottom part there should
be plenty.

Please feel free to email and perhaps meet up if you're still on for
it. Would be good to put a face to the name, if nothing else.
bruce dot rogers at roche dot com

Thanks for that Bruce, I'll let you know...