Old March 6th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alex Heney

Default decline

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:34:35 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:23:37 -0000, "Paul S" PAULatSONIFEXdotCOdotUK
wrote:

"remove y" wrote in message
news
Well here we are at the height of the skiing season in Europe and this
group has very few messages whereas it used to be a caldron of topics and
discussions.

Usenet itself is going downhill - there may be quite a few good groups but
a general sense of decline can be detected.

What in relation to this group is this caused by?

--

It's a shame as the newsgroup was always good value, but I think a lot of
discussions were started by non-regulars asking stuff about different

I think you're right, yes. For a while the group also served as a
de-facto general skiing discussion group for mainly UK-based folk, but
that need seems to have been filled by discussion forums like
snowheads, which personally I just can't get on with at all.

I only come in here occasionally nowadays, mainly because I do spend a
lot of time on Snowheads.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Mondays are the potholes in the road of life