Old January 16th 06, 07:35 PM

I've used graphite or moly waxes from Start, Toko and Holmenkol and
haven't experienced that gritty sensation. I have also noticed that
some are very soft. I seem to recall (it's been a while) that the Toko
moly was very soft while the start was pretty hard. I could be wrong
on that.

Just musing, probably doesn't apply to the product you're using, but
justy some thoughts that come to mind.... Sometimes when I'm not
meticulous about keeping my iron clean, or the ski bottom clean, and/or
keeping the wax itself from getting "contaminated" laying about the
bench or dirty compartments in my large wax box ( a large multi level
tool box), I will sometimes get that grit feeling under the iron. I'm
generally pretty good about keeping my waxing area clean, but it's in
the garage after all and there are plenty of sources of dust and grit -
easily dealt with, but I'm not the most compulsive or meticulous guy in
the world.

I've decided it takes virtually a single speck of grit to feel it with
the iron, and it feels horribly gritty! I've even shaved the working
surface of my wax to get rid of grit if I've dropped it or know or
suspect it's contaminated with dirt from the general ambiance or
fibers from the old rug I have under the waxing bench. Maybe there's
something imbedded in the wax? Maybe cut off a piece and melt from the
'clean' freshly cut surface that you absolutely know is not
contaminated- - onto a known clean ski, using a freshly wiped iron.
Again, I'm not meanig to imply that you don't know this stuff - I am
truely curious whether that product has an inherant gritty feel to it.
let us know what you find out. Thanks -zeke