Old April 26th 05, 12:21 AM
foot2foot

"VtSkier" wrote in message

IMO none of this stuff is particularly complicated taken
one concept at a time. It begins to get complicated for
the learner when concepts have to be combined. Then it
begins to make sense as they add miles, especially miles
with support from a good teacher. A good teacher in my
mind would more properly be called "a facilitator of learning"
to emphasize the positive and not be pedantic or authoritarian.

We'll never see that usage, but that's my dream of what the
word "teacher" will come to mean. This kind of individual has
been the best teachers in my life. 'Course I'm a bit anti-
authoritarian by nature anyway.

How about, you show the student how the mechanics of
skiing work, and let *them* decide how they want to use
the mechanics, instead of trying to fit the student in some box
of a form of turn.

Is that free enough?