Old January 10th 06, 06:20 AM

How good are burton boards?Is the tech really that advanced?are the
other company s as advanced such as libtech they seem to have a ton of
RandD.
Asking becauuse ive been sticking with them because they have been in
the biz so long ive asumed they would have over 20 years R and D .
Can a snowboard really be that advanced?
What do you think LEE you ve been in the biz for years and i have to
buy a board ..now!
greg

The high end Burton boards are good, but I wouldn't really put them
ahead of other companies like Salomon or even Ride. Each company tries
to optimize it's boards for the type of riding it thinks it's consumers
will want to do. Burton overally has a very strong freestyle flavor to
it's boards with it's light, flexy boards and short sidecut radii.
Salomon is gear more towards freeriders with longer sidecuts and more
board dampening with gives you a smoother ride. Both, of course have
boards that cover the whole range though.

I don't think that just because Burton has been around for 20 years it
should be special. Atomic has been around twice as long and a lot of
ski technology carried over into snowboarding. Not to mention that many
new companies (Rome, Illuminati(?), etc) were started by former Burton
designers starting their own company.