Old December 30th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Gloves

On 30 Dec 2009 10:27:35 -0800, (Eugene Miya)
wrote:

I tend to prefer Black Diamond ice climbing mitts or gloves.
The longer the gauntlet the better. I accidently left my pair on the
train at Pontresina just before the higher Bernina opened up. A very
attactive young red haired conductor was both the distraction and savior
and I got them back later mid-afternoon.

Most gloves and mitts have too short a gauntlet.

IME many are too long, which ironically can lead to more snow ingress
rather than less, as they tend to bunch up and trap it there. Of
course, for real cold such as Coline is asking about, you need them,
but in most conditions I prefer a much shorter glove that allows any
snow to clear out more easily.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain