Old December 2nd 04, 07:03 AM
Ace

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:02:56 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:51:57 +0000 (UTC), "Carl Edwards"
wrote:

"pete devlin" wrote in message
In message , mo
writes
im an intermediate boarder ,I wont use drag lifts

Beginner skiers can! :O)

This is something I don't understand... I converted from skiing to boarding
a few years ago and, whereas I agree that drag lifts are a pain, I cannot
see the problem with these that several supposedly "intermediate" boarders I
know have with them!

As a snowboarder, I don't have a problem with drag lifts at all, but I
know there are some, relatively experienced boarders who do. I
suspect that it's a confidence thing - they fall off a drag a couple
of times, vow not to use them again and then the issue gets bigger and
bigger in their head - the next time they do get on a drag, they
fuller expect to fall off.

I tried a draglift my very first time on a board, before I'd had any
instruction, and got about 3/4 of the way up before falling (mind you,
it was on a nursery slope) so when, some time later on our second
lesson, we had to use a drag lift to get up to 'proper' (blue) pistes
I was pretty certain I'd be able to manage it. And did.

Jude wasn't quite so lucky, although I think if the bloody lft
operator had given her half a hand she'd have managed better. It was
one of those decrepit ones that always starts you off with a jerk and
was just pulling her over. Eventually, with some help from our
instructor, she managed to get going on her third or fourth attempt.

Once you've had to do it a couple of time to access the intermediate
terrain, it's not too bad, although TBF I don't think we used them
more than twice that day, managing to ski the whole mountain after
that and using the cable cars and chair lifts.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)